Intro

I'm a 33 years old guy based in London, UK and on 23rd April 2015 I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. I'll never know how I got it, it’s probably too expensive to find an exact answer. I'll spare you all the details about the problems I had with the NHS and that I had to go private etc etc, will leave that for another post maybe, and I'll get straight to the point.

Why this blog? Simple. Because when I looked around for information about Ulcerative Colitis, I did find lots of useful and informative sites, but not many blog-like sites, so somewhere I could read the experience of one person, see how the illness evolves. So after a bit of a mental debate with myself, I decided that it was a good idea to put everything on the net, who knows, somebody might benefit from this information. I'll try to post an update every week.

I'm not a physician, and therefore I'm not here to offer advices to anybody: this is merely a sequence of events and a description of the symptoms and the course of my illness, that's all, it's not gospel.

Find out more information about me and my symptoms here.

Thursday 21 May 2015

Moving on

I woke up feeling really tired, with headache and my legs feeling tired and heavy. These are the same symptoms I had before starting the treatment with mesalazine, and unfortunately they've never really disappeared completely, they come and go, for no apparent reasons and I haven't been able to link them to any specific food, despite trying to keep track of what I eat.

A few more things to notice. As I entered my 4th week of mesalazine (pentasa) I noticed that I have what looks like a swollen gland, just on the jaw line on the right side of my face: it’s the size of a pea and I seem to be getting more spots here and there, especially on my face. Also, I began to feel itchy a bit everywhere, but I haven’t noticed any rash anywhere. I have no idea if this is related to the medication or not. A quick search on the internet seems to include those among the side effects of mesalazine. I will continue to take it anyway and see how it goes. Today I've seen again a little bit of mucus in my stools after a few days with no mucus at all

No comments:

Post a Comment