Intro

I'm a 33 years old guy based in London, UK and on 23rd April 2015 I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. I'll never know how I got it, it’s probably too expensive to find an exact answer. I'll spare you all the details about the problems I had with the NHS and that I had to go private etc etc, will leave that for another post maybe, and I'll get straight to the point.

Why this blog? Simple. Because when I looked around for information about Ulcerative Colitis, I did find lots of useful and informative sites, but not many blog-like sites, so somewhere I could read the experience of one person, see how the illness evolves. So after a bit of a mental debate with myself, I decided that it was a good idea to put everything on the net, who knows, somebody might benefit from this information. I'll try to post an update every week.

I'm not a physician, and therefore I'm not here to offer advices to anybody: this is merely a sequence of events and a description of the symptoms and the course of my illness, that's all, it's not gospel.

Find out more information about me and my symptoms here.

Sunday 19 July 2015

Not much change

Today was my 9th day of reduced dose (2g) of mesalazine. Things seem a little better. I don't feel as bad as in my last post although I still have some mild symptoms (maybe it's just because I had a really busy weekend and no time to think about it, hard to say). The uncomfortable feeling at the back of my eyes seems to have subsided and my bones, muscles and joints feel better, but not as good as when I was on 4g a day. I also don't feel as tired, but the stools are still not great, in the sense that they are a little loose and there is some mucus here and there. I'll stick to my plan, see the GP on friday and then will take it from there.

I'm still on VSL#3 by the way, but I still don't know whether it has a good effect on the colitis or not.

Forgot to mention that I'll apparently have to have some blood test to check if kidneys and liver are OK due to the mesalazine therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment